This state-of-the-art high tech treadmill is revolutionizing fitness by allowing you to run or walk with reduced impact. Through patented NASA technology, the anti-gravity treadmill provides up to 80% body weight support while reducing stress and strain on your body. The benefits of the AlterG include the ability to control gravity, therefore reducing your body weight as you stand, balance, walk or run.
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is chosen by sports medicine experts, top athletes, and trainers as the best low impact running or walking training tool, the anti-gravity treadmill is a new way to improve your fitness, lose weight, and train smarter. Whatever your wellness or fitness goals are The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can help you achieve them!
Who else will benefit from use of the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®.
- Anyone recovering from a hip knee or foot/ ankle injury
- Quicker rehab following surgery to the back, hip, knee, or foot and ankle
- Weight lose management with immediate reduction of weight on the joints and muscles of your legs
- Parkinsons Disease allowing the ability to walk in a fall safe environment
- To support a walking program that is too painful with full gravity
- Take pressure off your muscles and joints while never missing a training session because of pain
- The experience or water without getting wet or putting on a bathing suit
Use and Fee Policy
Note: All AlterG sessions must be scheduled to ensure availability.
You can have access to The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® in two different ways.
- You can use your insurance as you would for physical therapy, set up an initial examination, and if you and your therapist agree that your diagnosis and plan of care indicates the use of The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® then this will be covered under your insurance plan and this will be billed as a physical therapy visit. The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® will be used during your schedule supervised physical therapy visit. These visits with include appropriate co-pay, deductible, and may require a physician referral. If you have questions please contact our helpful staff.
- You may rent time on the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® whether you are an existing patient or not, at the following rates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The AlterG uses air pressure to ‘unweight’ the patient. The treadmill uses loading and progressive unloading to achieve maximum benefits. RECOVER is excited to offer this unique rehabilitation tool to our patients and referring physicians. We’re also making the AlterG treadmill available to the local community whether you are trying to lose weight or are a competitive athlete. Call our office to book an appointment.
- The AltgerG uses its own special shorts that attach to the machine once you are inside. It is recommended to wear your normal running gear; shorts or leggings, when using the machine.
- When booking online, we offer 30 or 60 min sessions. However, depending on your reason for use and activity level, your sessions can be customizable.
- No. Anyone can use the AlterG. Whether you are recovering from surgery, or just working on your endurance, the AlterG is great for just about anyone.
- The AlterG is available as a ‘walk-in’ service. Although, If you are in a physical therapy program here at the clinic, and your doctor recommends you use it during your treatments, then the AlterG is covered.