Athletes and sportsmen are often stuck with exasperating injuries, low morale and stress related physical diseases. There are multiple therapies that help subside your pain to a great extent. Float therapy is one of those therapies.
Who may use it?
Float therapy is suitable for anyone with stress induced or related diseases. This helps combat the root cause of your most physical problems that is stress and resolves them psychologically. This therapy is said to help the depressed, psychological diseases and even PTSD.
Float Therapy at Recover
Also termed as a ‘Sensory Deprivation’ technique we provide a relaxing and comforting treatment. This is a 60 minute therapy.
- Relax and improve control: We provide Float therapy to help you experience weightlessness so that every organ of your body can relax, stretch, and orient itself in its natural position.
- State of the art facility: We offer a small yet comfortable float pod, pitch-black, and soundproof. The pod is temperature controlled and saturated with over 1000lbs. of Epsom salts
- Improves blood circulation: The therapy is proven to improve blood circulation, stress reduction, pain management.
- Improves mental and physical performance: we ensure that our relaxing float therapy makes you feel improved in both physical and mental performance.
Sensory Deprivation Therapy
With being Tulsa’s 1st float center, we are on the forefront to helping people achieve a deep state of relaxation, stress reduction, and pain relief. Float is a one of a kind experience that allows your mind to escape from up to 90% of external stimuli by providing an environment where there is no sight, sound, touch, or gravity. The float pod is filled with 10 inches of water that has 1,000lbs of Epsom salt that has been dissolved. This makes the water extremely buoyant and allows you to literally float effortlessly. After an hour of floating you will feel refreshed and recharged. Floating also expedites repair and recovery for sore muscles and joints after strenuous activity. The Epsom salts detoxifies lactic acid and stimulates cellular rejuvenation. Float Therapy has been clinically proven to aid in sleep recovery, adding an additional 4 hours of sleep to your body’s clock, relieve anxiety and decrease stress.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- You will have complete privacy in our float room (equipped with the pod and a shower) so a bathing suit is not necessary and may even take away from the float experience. The less sensation you have on your body, the easier it will be to enter deep relaxation.
- Floating daily is harmless. However, studies show that the effects of floating can last days, so we recommend weekly or monthly floats to get the most of floating.
- While floating is amazing, we recommend not shaving within 24 hours of your floats to avoid stinging from the saltwater. Do not eat within 2-3 hours of your float, as the weightlessness can make your stomach feel ‘seasick’. Excessive hair products and makeup are not needed to float, so if you happen to float during a busy workday, we provide showers for you to rinse off beforehand.
- Our float tank is a pod with a lid. However, you are able to float with the lid open. You are in a private, secluded room, behind a locked door. Floating with the lid open is safe and optional.