Every athlete has found themselves worn down and overtrained. When this happens, your entire body becomes inflamed. This is where our Sunlighten Infrared Saunas can help you recover faster and reduce inflammation.
Sunlighten infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows the infrared sauna benefits using a Sunlighten infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
Near infrared, or NIR, sauna technology is shown to have a much bigger effect on recovery than traditional far infrared saunas even though the overall temperature is lower. This is due to targeting the specific light wavelengths needed to kick start your body's cells.
Sunlighten helps activate our cells and makes us feel fresher and rejuvenated. Sauaspace superchargers that effect and targets the specific wavelengths that our cells need to produce ADP and kickstart recovery.
How does it affect Athletic Performance?
NIR, Near infrared Sauna, bathing after exercise have been shown to increase athletic performance, reduce fatigue and improve muscle recovery. Muscle circulation is increased. Growth hormone release also occurs with sauna use and can increase muscle strength.
Low-level light therapy has been shown to reduce joint and muscle pain in animal studies. Penetrating near infrared light appears to address joint and muscle problems from multiple angles. Hand-held near infrared devices used for pain relief are common in physical therapy and pain management offices. Far infrared does not provide this effect.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Infrared saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, infrared saunas heat the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration.
- Sessions last anywhere from 20-45 minutes. Listen to your body and stay hydrated during your sessions to maximize your ability to stay in longer.
- Infrared heat is very gentle. The experience is similar to lying in the sun on a warm day and feeling the heat radiate to the core of your body. Unlike traditional (hot rock or steam) saunas–which operate at well in excess of 200°F–infrared heat has the benefit of being effective at a more comfortable operating temperature of 100°-150°F.
- You are encouraged to stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your session to get the maximum benefits.
- Our Sunlighten infrared sauna is a single-person sauna. It is recommended that you wear loose-fitting cotton clothing or we provide towels for you to use during your session as well.