THE ALTER-G®: ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL
This state-of-the-art high tech treadmill is revolutionizing fitness by allowing you to run or walk with reduced impact. Through patented NASA technology, the anti-gravity treadmill provides up to 80% body weight support while reducing stress and strain on your body. The benefits of the AlterG include the ability to control gravity, therefore reducing your body weight as you stand, balance, walk or run.
While on The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® you will be able to:
- run without discomfort or pain
- burn more calories by going farther or faster than you normally can
- train through injuries
- Feel the joy of running without the impact on your joints
- … and much more!
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is chosen by sports medicine experts, top athletes, and trainers as the best low impact running or walking training tool, the anti-gravity treadmill is a new way to improve your fitness, lose weight, and train smarter. Whatever your wellness or fitness goals are The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can help you achieve them!
How It Works
For Athletic Conditioning
Not only can AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® help injured athletes preserve fitness levels, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can also supplement training by enabling competitive and recreational athletes the ability to increase training volume and speed without increasing the risk of stress-related injury. By reducing the impact of gravity, and thereby reducing the athlete’s effective weight, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® allows athletes to train longer, run faster, and enhance cardiovascular conditioning.
Who else will benefit from use of the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®.
- Anyone recovering from a hip knee or foot/ ankle injury
- Quicker rehab following surgery to the back, hip, knee, or foot and ankle
- Weight lose management with immediate reduction of weight on the joints and muscles of your legs
- Parkinsons Disease allowing the ability to walk in a fall safe environment
- To support a walking program that is too painful with full gravity
- Take pressure off your muscles and joints while never missing a training session because of pain
- The experience or water without getting wet or putting on a bathing suit
Use and Fee Policy
Note: All AlterG sessions must be scheduled to ensure availability.
You can have access to The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® in two different ways.
- You can use your insurance as you would for physical therapy, set up an initial examination, and if you and your therapist agree that your diagnosis and plan of care indicates the use of The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® then this will be covered under your insurance plan and this will be billed as a physical therapy visit. The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® will be used during your schedule supervised physical therapy visit. These visits with include appropriate co-pay, deductible, and may require a physician referral. If you have questions please contact our helpful staff.
- You may rent time on the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® whether you are an existing patient or not, at the following rates.
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can be rented at following price;
- $15 for one 30 minute block of time.
- $25 for one 60 minute block of time.
- Multi-use punch cards
- $100 for 300 minutes (Ten 30 min sessions, $10 per session)
- $150 for 600 minutes (Ten 60 min sessions, $15 per session)
*Note: Multi-use punch cards are good for six months. You can schedule up to 1 hr per day.
*Note: You must come 15 min early to get changed into the special shorts. You must be on time to be able to utilize your full scheduled training time. On most occasions each time slot while be booked, and times of use will be enforced.
You will be required to wear a special pair of shorts while using The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®. We provide 8 sizes of shorts from XS to 4 XL. If you plan to use the AlterG Treadmill often then we strongly advise that you purchase your own shorts through The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® website www.alterg.com. The shorts are $75 per pair and there is a fit guide on the website.
Come train and rehab like the pros … walk or run like you’re on the moon!